|Small Magellanic Cloud. Credit: NASA/CXC/JPL-Caltech/STScI|
Together, the 5 plans contain 405 objects. Some entries are duplicated among the catalogs, but together these represent a thorough coverage of nebulae and clusters in the Small Magellanic Cloud.
The plans in the Deep-Sky Planner Plan Library are named:
- SMC Henize nebulae
- SMC Hodge Wright clusters
- SMC Kron clusters
- SMC Lindsay clusters
- SMC Westerlund Glaspey clusters
- Morel's comments are maintained in the User text column. These are essential to his work.
- Object types in DSP are not as narrowly defined as those in SIMBAD. For example, 'Open Cluster' is assigned in Deep-Sky Planner to object types 'cluster of stars', 'star association and the like in SIMBAD.
- Lindsay's paper is crucial to understanding the clusters in the SMC. You can read it here.
- Lindsay 106 and 109 are mislabeled on the Hodge & Wright (1977) atlas of the SMC