25 April 2008

Setup day at NEAF 2008


Vendors were setting up all afternoon here at NEAF. The weather was sunny and warm.


After setting up the Knightware booth, I wandered around to check out vendors and all the wonderful wares. It seems that refractors and observatories are very well represented. A roll-off roof display was being setup that had an operational roof. I could really go for one of those. Maybe after the kids finish college.


I had a great discussion with Normand Fullum of Quebec about mirror making and Dobsonian telescope building. Too bad the 16 inch blank he had was not for sale. With a cool down time of 20 minutes, it's just what I've been looking for in my next scope building project. This is definitely on my to-do list.



I spoke with lots of other interesting people - some known to me only by e-mail or telephone and some not known at all. I had a great talk with Mike Bieler of Astronomics, mostly about Telecaster guitars. He's got one, and I want one. A kindred spirit I think.

It's a wonderful atmosphere here - just like being a kid in a candy store! I'm delighted to be here.

All photos by Mark Lang.

No comments:

Post a Comment